April 27, 2009

New Zealand Part 1...Auckland area

Auckland, New Zealand is a beautiful city...Queens Street reminds me of Michigan Ave and the outskirts much like Portland, OR. And I feel like I'm in Cali with all the asians here...mainly Chinese. However, my mom and I can't talk secretly. :)




We've been walking around enjoying the shops, markets, boutiques and cafes. My mom is not liking it as much...she is more into historical architecture and things like that...New Zealand is more known for the scenery and adventure sports (which I am heading to next week). It's just great to hang out with mom...9 months is the longest I've gone not seeing her and Dad.



And, you've probably been hearing on the news about the swine flu...well, guess what? My mom was on the flight with those college kids! Luckily she is feeling fine.

It's fall here and I am appreciating the cool weather since I skipped out on winter in Vanuatu. My mom leaves on Saturday and I venture to Wellington for the night and then to Christchurch. Then a road trip toward Queenstown to bungy jump. (gonna save the skydiving to do with Amber and Kristen to celebrate our belated 30th birthdays)

Yesterday Mom and I went on a day trip to Rotorua where we visited a Maori (native New Zealanders) thermal village and saw a custom dance. The drive was beautiful.




Mom leaves today :( And I am heading to the south island...flying to Wellington today, Christchurch tomorrow and then road trippin to Queenstown.
Thanks for reading. Miss y'all!

No comments: