March 25, 2008

Medically Cleared!

Received medical and dental clearance today...yes strong teeth are a requirement! The placement office should be contacting me soon and with it the formal invitation to serve. I am ready to know NOW...there's so much preparation. I need to tell work and hope they are cool about it...which they should be. I have to consider whether to sell my place or rent it and if it can be bought or rented then there's storing my stuff, planning visits this summer to see everyone before I am shipped out.

And also to prepare myself mentally. I've already started packing lists and reading up on other PC blogs and it helps but there's probably no way to really know how it will be like. Physically, I think I will be able to handle it. Living in a mud hut, bathing in a bucket, ziplocking everything such as toothpaste to keep bugs out, shotty electricity, no tv, internet or cell phone. OMG! Hardest part will be the distance from everyone. All know how I stay in touch always...whether it be an email or call and yes the occasional mass email or text just to say it's snowing in Chicago in Sept. Whew...I hope I can handle it.

No comments: