March 7, 2008

My first blog

This is my first post! I have often written in a journal but have slacked on that. I'm excited to record my thoughts down again especially since such a major milestone has recently occurred...turning 30!

Threw myself a fabulous party, of which I can barely recall and friends from the west coast, east coast and Canada flew in to celebrate with me. I am so lucky to have such dear friends in my life.

I'm one of those optimistic people who is excited about every new chapter, including turning 30! Now for my next adventure...peace corps.

I was nominated for the Pacific Islands for business development and then went through medical clearance...lab work, doc and dentist visits, shots. I sent in all the docs a couple weeks ago. My parents are supportive and I am so very grateful for them. Next, hopefully a formal invitation and assignment to a specific island in the Pacific. My recruiter did say that "staging" is likely in October.

So this could very well be my last summer in Chicago until I return Jan 2011!

2 comments:

Sean François said...

I'm so proud of you Amy - the difference you'll be able to make in the people's lives is just an incredible opportunity.

I'm loving all the birthday party pics that I've seen so far - sorry I couldn't be there with you - but we can party more next month in NYC! :)

:::::Sean

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read about all of your Peace Corp adventures! You've been talking about this for so long, it is crazy to believe that you will actually be leaving us soon.

I'm so proud of all that you've accomplished Amy. It was great to see you in Chi-town for your birthday -- what a blast!

Miss you!
Timeri