September 27, 2008

To the village we go!

A vacation like week in Port Vila...will write more about it once I get access again...and we are off to our training village, Mangulilui.

We are there for 10 weeks and will have language, cultural and technical training together. We'll live with our host family...my host mama is Larin who already sent me an island dress that I will be wearing there...it swallows me whole and is quite hot. Host papa is Stephen andthey have two daughters and a son...I am hoping that they are all wearing the same pattern dresses so we'll be in matching outfits.

I'll likely not have phone or internet access so I write me :)

I miss y'all!

Love you, Mom and Dad! I will call as soon as I am able.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy,

It's so good to hear that you have made it and are already diving in. Sounds like you are in good hands, with great people, and set up for excellent training. I'll be putting a package together for you this weekend, so get ready - in about a month, you should get it!

Keep sending updates when you can Amy. It's great to hear from you. Miss you and love you!

Timeri

Unknown said...

Hey Hun! been reading up on the beginning of your journey and of course, living vicariously thru you! being 'mom' of the group:that's our amy! can't wait to hear how things are going in the village.. keep us posted! luv u and miss ya
always, sin

ps. have a shot of kava for me!

Anonymous said...

i know i'm behind on the blogs, but LUUUUCK!!!