November 7, 2008

That time of the month

The ladies of our group had a special session with our female language trainer about "that time of the month" better known here as "sik mun" (sick moon). First off, women do not handle/prepare food during this time, only what she is eating because it will make men sick if she does. Ha. Guess it is a good thing if women can get out of cooking for a few days. Also, they claim that men can look into a woman's eyes and know when that time is! Really, they believe that. I mean this screams out Vegas act or TV talk show…bring a Ni Van male onto stage and have him point to every woman in the audience who have their period! Ha.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

Hi Amy, it's Darcy! That's so funny about the men being able to know a women's time of the month by looking into their eyes. I've never heard of that before! This story also made me think of the "silly" beliefs Kenyans had. I'll have to email them to you, cause some of them made my eyes pop out!

It sounds like you're doing well, and I totally understand the envy you have of the COSing volunteers. But they were in your shoes at one point feeling the same way. Hang in there!